Here are some frequently asked questions that we receive from prospective tenants on a daily basis

Will I need to provide any documentation?

Yes, we only require a few forms of standard documentation in order for you to rent a property with us.

  • Proof of I.D eg, Passport, Driving License, Birth Certificate.
  • Proof of current address; eg, Bank Statement, Utility bills (Dated within the last 3 months).
  • Proof of Study or Work; eg, Letter from you University/College, Payslip from your place of work.

What is a guarantor and will I need one?

A guarantor could be a family member or a friend who owns a property in the UK. They are basically signing a form to say they will guarantee your rent if you fall into arrears. They will also be our point of contact should we have any issues getting hold of the tenant or disputes regarding the condition of the property after vacation. As a guarantor you will need to provide us with photo ID and proof of ownership of the property.

How is my rent paid?

Your rent is paid each month on the date agreed (which generally is the date you move in). So, if your contract start date is the 1st of a month your rent will be due the 1st of each month. You can come to the office and pay by cash, cheque, debit or credit card (credit cards have a charge of 2.5%). Alternatively, you can set up a standing order when you move in or pay directly into our account via online banking (if you call us we will provide you with the details).

Are there any fees?

Yes there is. This ensures that your tenancy application goes as smoothly as possible and that all bases are covered so you can enjoy a peaceful and straightforward letting experience.

We do not charge any fees for inventories and there are no other hidden fees!

Do you do short term lets?

Our usual lease period for any of our properties or rooms are for a minimum of 6 months. However in some circumstances we do have rooms and properties which accept Short Term Lets. Please contact us for more details.

What happens if I want to change my tenancy?

Changing a tenancy is not as simple as just re-writing and re-printing. Once a contract is signed it is a legal binding agreement. Any amendments you wish to make (e.g changing a name or adding someone on) can be done but must be requested in writing prior and the amendments have to be agreed by your landlord.

What happens if I want to end my tenancy early?

A contract is a legal binding agreement. It is not as simple as handing back your keys and leaving when you feel like. It is up to the landlords discretion as to whether you can vacate the property early. Upon agreement, you can leave early if you find someone to take over the remainder of the contract or by giving us ample notice to advertise and re-let the property. Please note, you will still be held responsible for the rent and property until the property has been re-let.

What do I do if I wish to continue after the end of the tenancy?

If you wish to continue residing at the property you need to let the landlord/ourselves know at least 1 month before the contract is due to end. We will need your request in writing (letter or e-mail) stating that you are intending to stay. Please note you need to inform us at the earliest as we re-market properties where contracts are due to end. The longer you leave it the more chance there is the property will have been re-let.

Do I need insurance?

The landlord of the property will have landlords insurance for the building. This does not cover your personal belongings as tenants. We strongly advise you take out your own contents insurance upon entering one of our properties.